Monday, September 24, 2012

This week was a little crazy.

Dear Family,
 
This week was a little crazy. Trainers drive to Fresno to pick up the new missionaries, and that happens on Thursday. Elder Hardy Left on Tuesday so he could fly out on Wednesday, so I was without a companion for Two whole Days. I got bounced around a little bit. On Tuesday I was with the Zone Leaders and on Wednesday I was with another Elder who is training. His name is Elder Wright, and he is serving in the same city as Elder Fisi'ihoi. (*This was his MTC comp*)  It was cool to see him again and to ask him for advice about training. Which he has done twice.
 
Thank you for those thoughts from Elder Moller. I had been thinking about him a lot... (Only two more!) It really isn't bad to send missionaries home. One simply has to insulate himself from thinking about home too much.
 
On Thursday, we woke up early and made the trip to Fresno. It was a little nerve- wracking. The Assisstants told us that we would be getting our companions in an hour. Then, they made us wait for another hour and a half beyond that. Eventually, I was assigned to Elder Pace. He is from Bountiful, UT, and he is an amazing missionary. He is great. It was interesting, when I was assigned to him, and before, I felt a love for him that I had not felt before. I have a strong desire to help him become the best he can be. I am working on it.
 
I love you.
 
I know that the Gospel of Christ has been restored, and that He Atoned for the Sins of all men. I am thankful for that, and will be for eternity.
 
Elder Coles
 
PS- Thank you for the Birthday wishes from the ward. That was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment