Monday, July 2, 2012

First off, know that I am OK!


July 2, 2012
Dear Family,

First off, know that I am OK. I am a little shook up today. I was trying to clean the oven, and decided to take the element off so I could clean under it. As I unbolted it, a thought popped into my head, saying, "You should unplug the oven before you do anything like that..." I thought, "The element shouldn't have any electricity running through it, it is off." Then, I proceeded to attempt to take the element off. I cleaned the oven, and there were no problems. When I tried to put the element back (It was still attached because I couldn't figure out how to get it off) I zapped myself. Needless to say, I was a little surprised, but I did not think to unplug the oven, (I have only been taught that since I was born.... really stupid. I guess ovens are not idiot-proof) Then, I managed to short circuit the element and the arc flash melted the connection. Now I have to buy a $50 oven element, but I am really glad the Lord is looking out for me, because the oven is connected to a 240 Volt line. I am also pretty sure that when I was fiddling with it, trying to figure out how to get it off, I grabbed the live wire. I don't know how I am still alive, I just know that I am, and the Lord has preserved my life for some reason. I will not disappoint. I know that He is protecting me. If nothing else, this has definitely put life in perspective. A lot of the things that I thought mattered don't really matter anymore.

 I will also unplug all electrical appliances before I attempt to service them from now on....

This week has been good. Transfers were a little interesting. I have not received my package yet.

I heard that Delta was on fire. I am glad that Brian and Debbie are OK.

That Temple walk sounds fun. We will have to do something similar when I get back. (Maybe we could walk from the Y to the Salt Lake Temple....)

Glad to hear Elder Simpson is doing well.

Today, I am up to: Nearly electrocuting myself with the oven (I still can't believe I did that... so stupid....), Replacing the element I destroyed, thanking Heavenly Father that He saw fit to preserve my life, writing letters, cleaning the apartment, shopping, and getting organized.

We will proselyte most of the day on the Fourth. Second ward is having a breakfast that we will attend.

Thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate them.

This week was interesting. Monday and Tuesday were pretty uneventful. Although, on Tuesday, we set up a wedding/baptism date with the Investigator who is the dad of the Recent Convert. He is doing well. We also had some good appointments.

On Wednesday, Elder Caprio Transferred, and I waited for my new companion. And waited... And waited. He never showed up. The Zone Leaders told me there was some medical reason he wasn't transferring yet. So I bounced around with different companionships for the next several days. Once, I was in Modesto 9th ward. Where one of my investigators from Turlock lives. She has gone a little south, but we were able to teach her. It was great. I have a good enough relationship with her that I was able to be really bold. The Lord helped me not fear and touched her heart. She was being really difficult, but she called after we left to apologize. So we can assume that the Spirit was working on her. That was Friday.

Saturday, I met Elder Hegsted, finally. We drove to Sonora and got to work. We had some good lessons.

Yesterday, we went to church. That was good. Then, we taught a lesson with an investigator... I don't think he is super interested. Ate dinner. And had another lesson with a progressing investigator.

That was about it.

I know that Christ lives! I know that He has an active part in our lives and that He will protect us from harm. I know that He loves us and wants us to succeed. I know that He has restored His church in our day and that Church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I Love You!

Elder Coles

No comments:

Post a Comment