Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012


 I am excellent today, and am pleased to inform you that I am not going to be transferred.  I feel bad for Elder Caprio, though. He really likes this area, and he has only been here for one transfer. Oh well, the Lord needs him somewhere else. I have no clue who my new companion is going to be. I get to drive next transfer! I don't know why I am so excited, we drive about 100+miles a day, but I passed my driving exam. I am also going to be the Senior Companion, so I assume that my new companion has not been out as long as I have. It is strange to think that the missionaries who are now finished being trained are six months behind me....

 As for the Weather. It is great. It has been a little chilly the last little while. It gets pretty cold in the mornings.... (It reminds me of home.) Although, during the day, it has been 80's to 100's. TRIPLE DIGITS?!?!?!? IN JUNE? :(

Your walk to the Temple sounds like it will be a great thing. I wish we could encourage our Investigators and the Less active Members we are working with to do the same, but that would be a very major hike. (The Oakland Temple is 120 Miles away)

I have not recieved my package yet. I don't know when I will recieve it, but It will be no later than the end of the week after next.

Our Investigator is Struggling with getting a wedding license. We hope it will be soon. We are taking the Bishop over there with us tomorrow.

TUESDAY-We had a lot of appointments, which is great. We saw a couple of less-actives, two of them did not come to church, but the one, who contacted us through mormon.org. (That is a really amazing story. So I will explain. He is about 26, and he fell away from the church when he was 16. He has been feeling like he needs to change his life around and get back into the church, so he contacted us through mormon.org. We made an appointment, and he was there when we showed up. We thought he was a nonmember, so we started asking some questions. He told us that he was a member and wanted to get back into the church and wanted a review of what the church teaches. So we taught him Lesson One. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and he held it like a baby. It was great. He showed up to church on Sunday.) Then, we did an ATM follow up with a family in Second ward.  
WEDNESDAY- We had district meeting. I was on exchange with Elder McDonald. (Yes, that is his name.) It was a good day. We had a lesson with a part member family. (They are both awesome. He is not a member, and worked for the Forest Service on a Hot Shot crew for years.) Then, we went to Institute.

THURSDAY- We had a pretty good day. We exchanged back, and had lessons with our Investigator whose daughter is a recent convert and some less actives.

FRIDAY-Weekly planning. We also travelled to Groveland, and had an ATM With our Recent Converts. Then, we had an investigator lesson with an Investigator.

SATURDAY-We had some good lessons. One of which was with a lady who became a new investigator.

SUNDAY-We went to church, taught an ATM, and had a member present.

Well, I had better go. I still have to write President.

I love you. I know the church is true.

I love you.

Elder Coles

The mark the deer left on the car!



No comments:

Post a Comment